In the first episode after my 75 day silent retreat I sit down with Zak Stein to speak about the the current cultural moment and how we can respond to the chaos and uncertainty of the world with love and integrity.
This is part one of a two part episode.
– My experience coming out of retreat into a ‘post-covid’ world
– How strange and problematic it is that people speak with confidence about the world right now
– How our media ecology forces us to take on perspectives even when uncertainty and ambiguity is more trustworthy
– That sense-making has everything to do with acting from embodied love, and NOT about having the correct meta-narrative
– How ideology acts on our lives to make it difficult to love and see each other
– How we get captured by the simulation of reality being played out on social media and how that debases our lived relationships
– How to respond to the psychotic break our culture is going through
– Why we need to pull out of mainstream culture, reorient, and pull together a critical mass of coherence and sanity
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/emerge/support